It’s been 10 long years now that I have been maintaining contact with people through the use of frequent text messaging. Throughout this timeframe, I have made three observations:
- Many respond to these text messages
- Everyone seems to find encouragement from the prayers, scriptures or general topics
- Several have informed me that they send these messages to others
Reason #1. “When God gives me something, I’ll share it with you.”
The goal of my texts has become to simply send what I feel God has spoken to me in my daily devotion time.
- YOU can easily distribute via text, email or social media platforms
- YOU can easily contribute by commenting on the blog posts
- YOU can encourage your friends and family to sign up for updates.
Reason #2. My wife has encouraged me to start a blog.
Molly, my wife, is extremely supportive of nearly everything I do. However, over our 12 year marriage I have worn her out with an insane amount of crazy ideas and ‘wild goose chases’.
- Having 100% of my wife’s support is a crucial factor
- Her encouragement gives me freedom to do what it will take to honor God in this journey
- We hope to provide her perspective on some issues to bring balance to some of the topics on the blog
Reason #3: It appears GREATERQUESTIONSANSWERED.COM is tied into the movie. Officially it is not, but the Movie Greater inspired me to start blogging.
- Realizing I was on the same field as Brandon Burlsworth in 1999 for his last college football game, God had my attention immediately
- Valuing the evidence of God’s work in Brandon’s life, as well as my own life since December 2003
- Acknowledging that we have to be successful everyday in practical ways, Success = Obedience to God
- People across this world who watch this movie are likely to have questions, some of those questions can be answered by those who knew Brandon, while other questions can only be answered by God
Imagine being married to someone who comes home from work one day and says, “Honey pack up the kids, we’re going to Arkansas. Yes, all 8 of us.” “How far of a drive is it?” you respond. “14 hours, how soon can you be ready?”
- We felt called to Arkansas to interview those who knew Brandon Burlsworth, we had NEVER interviewed anyone before
- We have NEVER recorded any video before, we had NEVER edited a video before, but that didn’t stop us
- Following God’s call we were greeted with open arms by those in Harrison, Marshall, and Little Rock and most importantly God greeted us and was faithful in providing so much while we were there
- The relationships with those we interviewed are priceless, especially with the Burlsworth Family and Mr. & Mrs. Rick Watts
You will have to watch the movie and read the book to begin to grasp the impact of Brandon’s life on me and my family. Inspiring enough to pack up my six children, one potty training and one infant, for a 14hr car ride to Arkansas should speak loudly. We hope you enjoy the videos as they are released.
Thanks for reading.
Please subscribe to the blog and comment.